Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

two strings - double the trouble

The notion of "drawing with a string" is a difficult one for me. The technique is simple - just draw a line within a tile, and use it as a kind of an inner border.
Technically, I don't have any issue with that. It's just that I don't seem to be able to get inspired (or even get going) with the string in front of my face.

Strange, I know.

This week challenge is to use not one, but two strings. Two !

Several days later, I was close to giving up.
Nothing was coming out, no inspiration, no flow, no "one line at a time". Nothing.
So today I took an A4 paper, and the most regular of pencils (not even mechanical), and drew 6 boxes free-hand. And then simply filled them.

The end result surprised me greatly. Indeed, it's completely sketchy, not accurate, not "clean", and many other "not" ... But - the creativity barrier was gone. Inspiration flew all over the place, and it became one of the most fun exercises for me.

So this is my submission for this week's challenge, and it is submitted with a big smile :)
Creativity can come in many shapes and forms, and the bigger the barrier the bigger the exploration, If I just don't give up.



7 comments:

  1. You are so right, Omer. Sometimes we just have to look at things from a different perspective, or throw all the "rules" out the window. You have done some lovely things here. I particularly like the flowers (top photo, bottom left).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, once I saw one face I started looking for more! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you didn't give up, because beautiful things came out of your pen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pieces! Like Anne I´m glad you didn´t give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to persevere! What a fun, lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your perseverance. It paid off with some great work.

    ReplyDelete