Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Practrice Zen, Drink Tea

... and always have a flexible angle-of-view.

The situation this week has not changed much.
A glimpse of hope suddenly appeared today, and vanished almost as quickly as it appeared.

In these times, practicing Zen and meditation is most challenging. Clear your mind, focus on here and now. Sit down and do nothing. But especially in times like this, Zen can become an anchor. Clearing the mind can bring peace, even with all the turmoil from outside.
To drink tea mindfully is to practice Zen, and I love tea. This is my beverage of choice, and the first thing I offer my guests (except when it's too hot, and then it's cold water). It was obvious that I will choose tea for this week's challenge.
The flexible angle-of-view is something I learned through photography, and I find it a great creative tool. When applied to real life, it can bring new options to situation that seem to be dead-ended. It can give new perspectives. It can defuse many charged situations. Between people for example.

I wish us all peaceful days








15 comments:

  1. Omer, A beautiful ZIA! Hope things will be better soon! Keep Tangling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. This would be a beautiful poster for a teahouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artwork, Omer. So clean and pure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that teapot, Omer. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work! I pray that your situation is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea and work. I keep you in my thoughts a lot as I sit in my comfortable and safe environment in Canada. Hoping for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the above and you are so very right... Zen is a process all unto its own... but the meditation will clean STUFF up... that is for sure... very lovely tia... love, light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holding you and all whose lives you touch safely in the Light.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like this tile and your thoughts.
    For you I pray for peace an will keep doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely ZIA! I hope your situation will be better soon! My thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like your ZIA. Glad that tangling can provide you with some peace of mind with the very real difficulties you are facing. Like the teapot also.

    ReplyDelete