Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Assorted Truffles

The "Truffle" pattern, out of this week's challenge, played a couple of unexpected surprises on me.

The first surprise was that working with it turned into a four hour drawing meditation. I never saw it coming.

The second surprise was the almost complete lack inspiration (or ideas) of what to do with it. By now, this "painter's block" no longer halts me.

And then came a flash back.
I liked the "sine wave" in the original description of the pattern, and I started drawing sine waves with peppered with dots, and connecting the dots to a central "pivot" dot
 I worked with a pencil, and the result was a gentle mesh of lines. This is where the flashback came. It took me back to my high-school days, and to the technical drawing lessons (part of studying engineering basics). The notion of "helper lines", drawn with a pencil, and used to help draw the main object.
The pencil lines I drew suddenly turned into "helping lines", offering many options and directions within them.

This is how the below "Assorted Truffles" was created. I simply drew sine waves, or circles, or half circles, and followed the helping lines. I also chose to not erase them at the end. They have their own magic for me.


A four hour drawing meditation was a most welcome break between the breaking news and updates. The war keeps raging.

Wishing for peaceful days, a verse from the bible comes to mind (Book of judges, 3:30) "...And the land had rest fourscore years ..."

13 comments:

  1. Very playfull, showing is a lot of possibilities how to go with this tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love what you did with them. Also continuing to pray for you and for your situation to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such fun. I'm glad you were able to go to the Zen zone, if only for a few hours. You are in my thought always. Sending a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. four hours of drawing - isn't it heaven? You show a lot of things that can be done with this tangle. Wishing you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omer, I just love your tile! My favorite is that shown at the bottom left! I love the flow of it and it looks as though it says something. You are constantly in my thoughts, and I so look forward to seeing your name every week on the challenge. That way I know you are ok. Do you mind me asking where you live? It is so amazingly strong of you to continue your Zentangle path. May it keep you strong and continue to bring you clarity and peace!! Continued prayers and blankets of hugs!!! Annette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette. Your comment and support are heart warming.
      I live in Israel

      Delete
  6. Beautiful work, Omer. Your helping lines sure work. Your variations are highly creative and beautiful. Thoughts and prayers for peace for you and your family, Omer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your variations of Truffle are really wonderful and very creative!l So many possibilities!
    My thoughts are with you and your family and I hope for peace all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative. Glad that you were able to achieve some level of mindfulness as you worked on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating and enjoyable. Great results and the way you describe your approach is inspirational for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those helper lines of yours are beautiful and what a lot of variety you were able to achieve with this one! I am glad that you had some escape time. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can only imagine the peace that four hours of meditative drawing brought you, Omer. And what a beautiful set of tangles you have as a result. Really lovely stuff. All good thoughts to you.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete