Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Canons and wheels

Where I come from, there is a saying that goes something like "When the war canons roar, the muses go silent". It's a rough translation, and the "muses" are the Greek muses, responsible for things like inspiration, art, poetry etc.

Well, in the past week, the canons have been roaring constantly. Missiles are flying, sirens are wailing. Explosions are heard from time to time.
War is raging.
A different kind of war, with civilians at the front line, and with terror as a weapon.

It's hard for me to keep hatred at bay when I run with my kid to the shelter, and she is crying of fear. Noble thoughts are hard to hear, when the canons roar.

It was hard, even very hard to pay attention to this week's challenge , And it came to a decision to just do it (like the old Zen saying, not the Nike pale plagiat). To choose sanity even when it's not the obvious choice.

So here it is, my response to the challenge

Wishing us all peaceful days


*** some more thoughts after reading the beautiful comments below

It is now my turn to be speechless.
I am speechless in front of the kind, honest, heart-warming words I received from each and every one of you.
We don't know each other. We never met or talked. I've joined the "weekly challenge" community only couple months ago.
And still, your words gave me strength and hope. they came from the heart, and landed in my heart.
I never thought that my drawing journey will support me like this, in such a difficult time.

Thank you for your wishes, prayers and hugs. For your caring. For your support.


21 comments:

  1. Omer, I don't even know what to say. You brought tears to my eyes. War is such a horrible thing. How you managed to do something so beautiful, under the circumstances, is hard to believe, but you did. I hope the beauty of this piece at least gives you a bit of joy. Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean. I've added some more text to the original post (above) after reading your kind and heart-warming words, and the other comments

      Delete
  2. Your Tile is so beautiful. Wonderful design and awesome color. Your situation is heart breaking. Blessings upon you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. Safe is indeed a top priority these days. Please see above in the original post - I've added some more text following the comments I received

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful work under such horrible conditions. I glad the muses did not "go silent". I pray for you and your family's safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald. Actually, they did "go silent" at the beginning. It took a deliberate decision to understand that they never go silent - it's me that can't always listen ... Also, please see above in the original post. I've added some more text following these comments.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful tile, especially considering the situation you're in. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You created something beautiful in the midst of terror in a world going wronger every day (or so it seems to me). Like Jean I am speechless - what can I possibly say? I'm so sorry. And yet I admire your ability to create such a lovely piece of art in spite of that. I don't know if I could do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. I can relate to the feeling about the world. Please have a look at the original post, I've added some more text following your and other's comments

      Delete
  6. Omer, like Jean and Jennifer I´m don´t even know what to say. I´m so sorry about your horrible situation. Your tile is really wonderful!
    Hugs to you and your family! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lonetta. Please have a look at the original post - I've added some more text there.

      Delete
  7. I'm the next one feeling speechless, however I'll try to find some. I'm a person who can hardly watch the news because of all the violence and war in our world. And you and your family have to live in it. I cannot even begin to understand how that must be.
    The only thing I can give you are my thought and prayers for you, your family and all others that are in those circumstances.
    What makes me happy for you, is the fact that you still have the strength to tangle and even such a lovely tile.
    Blessed Be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. I can hardly watch the news either. Only now it feels like a necessity ... Also, Please have a look at the post, I've added some more text following these comments

      Delete
  8. Omer, I read your post and couldn't even grasp your words, and I left it..............bothered and uncertain of what I read, I came back to it. Your tile gives out so much joy and essence of strength, that I could not believe that you could create something as that, in the atmosphere you describe!! My heart and prayers go out to you and your family and loved ones. I'm speechless, otherwise. Keep on Tangling, as it looks like it gives you hope and comfort!! (((((Hugs))))) and Hope xo Annette :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette. The "keep on tangling" is spot on. Like "keep on breathing".
      Please have a look at the original post, I've added some more text following your, and the other, comments

      Delete
  9. A beautiful tile among the horror. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Kate.
      I've added some more text to the original post following these comments. Please have a look

      Delete
  10. Omer, as you have seen, this is a real welcoming community. I think this is a great gift to find in this world. I'm taking this (and other) challenges for some 1 1/2 year now and have never noticed an unfriendly word. I do have seen so much love sent to each other, especially in difficult times.
    So, let's all be proud of being a part of this and cherish it.

    ReplyDelete