Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Re-visit, Re-invent, Re-try

Here is my drawing for this week's "Redux, Remix, Revisit" challenge.
I chose a pattern that I'm very comfortable with, and "remixed" it in two ways.
The first was the depth of the basic shape, which creates a completely different "feel" to it.
The second was the use of colored pencils - a first for me.


I like the end result a lot. The richness of the colored pencil surprised me - I was under the impression they produce dull and "dry" effect. I found that I can produce a very interesting matte feel, blend colors and create shading. A very pleasant surprise, and a n interesting inspiration for drawings to come :)

7 comments:

  1. Your Rixty looks like a belt. Color, while not a part of the basic Zentangle® process is something I continue to experiment with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love patterns that seem to go in and out, or behind. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece. It has so much personality. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice clean colorful Tile. Nice job, Omer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rixty-ness of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an inventive Redux, Remix, Revisit. I often use watercolor pencils for shading, great start on a new adventure. Sharla Hicks

    ReplyDelete