Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

In loving memory

This week challenge touches me deeply. My wife and I lost a member of my wife's family to breast cancer. It happened several years ago, and the loss is still present, even very present, in our lives.

It touches me so deep, that I couldn't draw anything specific for this challenge. Drawing is still not an open expression channel for me.
But I did have something I drew several days ago, and suddenly it seemed most appropriate. I just had to add the colors to it. A second drawing is also added, which was created around the same time.

I also attach a tune I composed right after the loss. I was simply playing my guitar and it came out by itself. It is called "Road Unknown"



10 comments:

  1. Both of your tiles are beautiful, Omer. Well done. Loved your "Road Unknown" soundtrack on SoundCloud. Wonderful playing, and a very heartfelt composition. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing your many skills with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Omer. The music is very heartfelt and has a lot of depth to it, much like your artwork here. A great combination of artforms. Thank you for sharing the tune. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely artwork Omer. I like your addition of colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tiles, Omer. And what a lovely tune did you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty tiles, I like the origami look on the second tile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your entry is so touching. Thanks very much for sharing your beautIful music and art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omer, I let your Road Unknown play all evening while I enjoyed others' tiles. Thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressed by your story, great you managed to find (beautiful) appropriate tiles...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zwei sehr schöne Fliesen, die erste mit den dezenten Farben gefällt mir noch am besten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omer, your tile is beautiful. I went to listen to your music and that is beautiful as well. I used to be a guitar teacher and can appreciate your talent. The other piece that you composed is similar to my son's. His work is on there as "RioTori" and you might enjoy hearing what he has done as well. Thank you for giving us a link.

    ReplyDelete