Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

An Ancient duo - Diva challenge #172



This one was hard... Two patterns that are outside my comfort, and that I tried several time in the past to befriend, but to no avail.

This time I didn't give up. I really wanted to merge the two in a natural way, and went ahead to explore it. In the process, several gems appeared. But the "magic duo" took its time until it happened.

I like the end result as a step in the exploration.

 And after two days, and after looking at almost all the other submissions, new inspiration came :)
My usual habit is to read the challenge, and then go to the "drawing board" and start the exploration. Only after I feel I have something, and I show it to the world, I look at the other works.

If you look closely, you can trace back the inspiration I got from many of the other drawings.
I just love when it happens.

11 comments:

  1. This is really original and I love the way you have shaded it. I too have trouble with these two tangles, especially Mooka, so I am really impressed with what you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - you've brought the two tangles together masterfully! I love the look of your lower Mookas, fine stems and leaflike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully brought together, and I love the little additions on the ends of your Mooka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful combination of both tangles

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent examply of why one should hold-out. Beautiful Tile. You have created a wonderful tile using both of these tricky patterns. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you did a great job with this. I love the cute faces in Mooka.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Omer! You made me smile with your little faces. Nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your first one is awesome. I like how you did the mooka coming out of the auraknot parts, looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Original, CREATIVE and really FUN to look at... very enjoyable in all ways... Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like your creativity in all of them. Your Mooka in the first one is unique. That is what I like about this art form. There is so much room for exploration. I follow a similar path, in that I do not like to look at others until I have at least started mine and have some idea of what I am going to do.

    ReplyDelete