Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

New-ance

Busy busy times. Last couple of weeks have been hectic to say the least. Work and life, balance and imbalance. To my complete surprise I found myself leading a survival battle for a most unique school. Hope to have good news soon.

So I skipped last 2 challenges, and was about to skip this one as well, until something surprising happened.
I gave myself a birthday present - a set of 5 Copic markers with the basic colors. Arrived couple of days ago. Love them. They look right, and feel right, and produce the most amazing colors.

I read through this week's challenge description, and was hooked to the "let's make it new", which is a theme I love. And indeed the drawings here are "new". New paper (with grid printed on it), a new pen (the most regular of ball pens one can find) and new colors (the Copic mentioned above). The results are, well, new :)

In the first drawing I also got some help from my daughter (and her own collection of Copics). She added the blues and purples




10 comments:

  1. Wonderful whimsical Tiles, Omer. Those new colors are pure excitement. It is so good to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colourful and surprising work. The last one is really so playful! Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omer, great tiles, and enjoy your new pens! The colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun with your Copic markers. Nice work. Hope things turn out well for the school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh yeahhh! These are stylin' with that color! And your daughter adding some extra color must have been fun to have happen. My fave is number two...looks like a rocket with a hinge...hahaha...very cool with a bit of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great birthday and I'm happy you gave yourself such a lovely gift. How nice to share this fun with your daughter. I enjoyed your bright and happy tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and colorful. I like the second one in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you back and ... with such beautiful tiles with great colors!

    ReplyDelete