Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

An unexpected dance

Change is the essence of our world. It's a synonym to "nature". No matter how hard we try to look the other way, it will always find us.

At least it found me today.

I saw the new challenge, and was about to embark on my usual journey (no time in the mid-week days, then many attempts with a new pattern, get stuck, overcome it, etc.). But a piece of paper and a pencil suggested otherwise, and I started toying with the new pattern. Several attempts, all nice, playful, but no real progress.

Usual step in the process is to stop, leave it, and come back with new inspiration.
This is when the change struck. I took a new piece of paper and started drawing the pattern as simply as possible. No bells, no whistles. Just straight lines. Finished the first pattern. Looks nice. aha, how about a silhouette?  Sure thing. But not the usual one please. So there came a different set of lines, around the first pattern. So how about another one? and another pattern emerged, with different feel to it.
Then another look. Somehow it reminded me of a dancing couple. so I added an eye and a smile to each, and of course a chain of hearts. It now looked so much like a dance that I felt obliged to write "dance" at the bottom.

immediately it went to the scanner, and appeared on my screen. If you read my last post you may remember that I have some issues with the quality of my scanner, so I usually go ahead and try to fix some of it using a photo editing utility (brightness, sharpness, etc.). So I did the usual stuff, but overlooked one step in the process. I then pressed the mouse button and was simply amazed by the result. I accidentally inverted the colors of the background, creating something completely unexpected.

So today, I present to you an unexpected dance.
what a nice change :)

18 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful Tile, Omer. I love it. It is intriguing and eye catching. Love the graphic design of it. Very creative. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when a "mistake" turns into an ahh!!? Very pretty tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun piece. Very different and unique. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tile. It really brings smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your INGs are clearly dancing. They are fabulous. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great thing, this unexpected inverted one. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the faces. It is fun when the unexpected is pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny ING dance wich makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tile is great fun Omer, and thanks for writing about your process as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super tile, love the fact that ING is dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tile is funny an cute together - I have to smile - thank you for that

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zentangle anthropromorphism. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so much fun, Omer. Wonderful tile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet the "Ings" are dancing together, very crative ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, very cool with a touch of whimsey :)

    ReplyDelete